Thursday, April 17, 2008

capitalism stole my virginity (or; I'm so poor won't you gimmie some money?)

Oh my goodness greatness! I just found the most amazing vegan cupcakes ever ! Check this out & then tell me that vegan food is bland & boring...

Apart from this, I'm stiching patches until my fingers bleed. Gotta have a stash ready for sundays market, since I've embraced my inner capitalist & set out to make some money. It's not without hesitation, I still feel a bit akward about the whole craft to sell-thing, but the truth is that I'm so fucking broke right now that I really have to jump at any chance I get to earn some cash. But still... I listened to the
craft cartel podcast #3 today, where there's a discussion about craftivism & what makes crafting radical & subversive. & it is a pretty hard nut to crack I think. Take some of the patches I've made for sunday for example; they have explicit political messages/meanings, but I've made them with the intent to sell them for cash. Does that make a difference to the activist aspect of them? Or is it just the same, as long as the buyer wears them & can argue for the politics they represent?

Well, here's some of the stuff that you could become the proud owners of on sunday. Come on punks, give me your money!

No comments:

 
'