Thursday, January 17, 2008

can someone PLEASE think about the children?! (a.k.a. my gay dad wants you)

When I was about 17 years old I had a teacher who very often ended our social science classes with the very enthusiastic frase "Just e-mail the government!". Today, ten years later, I've taken his advice. Well, sort of - I didn't really e-mail the government, just a member of parliament. Her name is Yvonne Andersson & she's representing Kristdemokraterna (the Christian Democrats, a right wing, christian party). The reason was that I happened to see her on tv yesterday, debating the proposed change of the swedish marriage law so that it would be gender neutral (which means that not just heterosexual couples would be able to get married).

Of course Yvonne, representing a conservative party with christian values, was against this change & her argument was that we have to "think about the children". There are few things that upset me more than the moral majority christian fuckheads that try to claim that their arguments against non-heterosexual families & parentship comes from consideration for THE CHILDREN. So I just had to tell Yvonne that I'm one of those kids who's rights she says shes protecting (okay, not a kid anymore but still) & I've had it with the likes of her. That she should stop disguise her own agenda as something representing me & my life. Let's see if I get an answer...

Craftwise I'm still working on the housewarming gift for my father. But I started this little riot grrl-patch the other day, too keep myself busy while I was waiting for my turn at
my favorite tattoo studio:

No comments:

 
'